Photoshop CC tutorial 4: Adding text and text drop shadows
Creating a new document
Normally in Photoshop you are opening existing documents and editing them. Occasionally you’ll need to create a new document.
- File > new
- Fill in 20cm x 11 cm, 300ppi
Note: you can also use the presets which is where you can change to web for pixels.
Note: You can modify any of these settings to suit you work.
Copy/pasting in Photoshop CC
Lets copy an image over to your new document.
- File > Open > Photoshop Exercise Files > Filters > Woman on Wall.jpg
- Choose Select > All
- Choose Edit > Copy
- Change to the New Document file you just created by clicking the tab at the top of your document.
- Choose Edit > Paste
Adding text to Photoshop CC
- With any image open.
- Choose the Type tool.
- Choose a font style, size & colour from the top application bar.
Note: For more control on typography choose Window > Character. This panel has a few extra options.
- Click once on the image... Start typing.
Layer styles in Photoshop CC (great for text)
- Choose the layer style button from the bottom of the layer panel and choose Drop Shadow.
- Play with the setting window that pops up. You can turn on and adjust as many layer effects as you like.
Note: Layer Effects can be used for any type of layer, not just a text layer.
comments powered by